- Ice shape: Slurry
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Origin: Fujian Province, China
- Control: Electric
- Trademark: Snowkey
- HS Code: 8418699020
Feature of slurry ice machine
1 Adaptable Ice - Crystal size (0.25 mm to 0.5 mm), ice fraction (0% to 100%), temperature (0 to -30 °C), and salinity level (0% and up) are easily adaptable, making the slurry ice suitable for any application.
2 Efficient Cooling - As dry crystals or as slurry ice, the unique properties of the perfect ; crystals allow them to provide rapid, even cooling at any desired temperature without causing freezing or freezer burn.
3 Superior Protection - Smooth, round crystals do not damage product and prevent skin discoloration, unlike other forms of sharp, jagged ice (flake ice, shell ice, cracked ice, etc.).
Slurry ice application fields
1 Aquatic products processing
2 Meat processing
3 Fishery industry
4 Vegetable preservation
5 Supermarket or other commercial usage
6 Cold storage project
7 Temperature reduction project
Slurry ice,flowable, is the mixture of ice crystal and water solution( usually sea water, brine,sweet water or glycol). It is also known as fluid ice, liquid ice, and so on. There are, usually, two ways to make slurry ice. Each way has its own features and advantages :
1 Slurry ice can be made from broken solid ice and mixing with brine or sea water. However, the mixture still contains large and sharp ice crystals with thickness 0.6-10mm. Making this kind of slurry ice requires a large amount of energy, including energy consumption for ice breaking and grinding.
2 Slurry ice can be made in pipe type evaporator. Brine or sweet water is pumped to internal pipe by water pump and the refrigerant circulats between inner and outer pipes. Ice crystal would be formed on the evaporator inner surface, at -8 ~ -12 °C, and scraped down by the rotary ice scraper. The mixture of water and ice collected is slurry ice. Resulting from the heat exchange of ice phase and high heat transmission coefficient, evaporator size may be reduced eventually.
Slurry ice advantages
Compared with solid ice, slurry ice requires less energy, space and cost. Usually, for 6-14.5kg ice, 1 KWH electricity is required, while slurry ice machine can produce 21kg ice.
1 Slurry ice has the best cooling efficiency. 100% of its surface cooling area can be utilized. Compared with the mixture of flake ice and water, slurry ice demand less ice crystal.
2 Slurry ice is extremely suitable for pump delivery through hoses or pipes and easy to store and use.
3 Slurry ice can fully wrap the target products. Therefore, there is no air sink between the products and the slurry ice, maximize the contact and heat transmission surface. Absorb heat better, faster and more efficiently.
4 Slurry ice is soft without sharp edge. No damage to the surface of target products
Comparison between solid ice and slurry ice
Solid ice has various shapes
1. Block ice is made from freezing water in the mold with typical weight of 25-50kg. It is usually stored as a whole before breaking into small irregular-shaped ice .
2. Flake ice is made from freezing thin water layer on the evaporator inner surface and scraped down. Flake ice is usually sharp and greater than 1mm. It may damage the surface of the products. And because of the air sink on the products and its own irregular shape, 20 to 50% of cooling efficiency is lost.
3. Tube ice is made from freezing the water inside the vertical steel pipes. When harvesting ice, the ice would be at certain length.
4. In addition to the above mentioned ice, there are still many other types, such as powder ice, plate ice, and cube ice, etc.
5. Slurry ice is suspending liquid with ice crystal and water fluid. Compared with traditional methods, it has better refrigeration performance. Because of larger heat exchanging surface area, it can provide 3 to 5 times more cooling capacity. Therefore, the target products can be sufficiently and promptly cooled down and avoided from scratching, infection and decay.
|Vertical slurry ice machine models and parameters|
Nominal refrigeration capacity
(Condensing Temperature 35
|8, 250kcal/h||16, 500kcal/h||23, 600kcal/h||34, 560kcal/h|
Max. ice output
(Sea water temperature is 5
|Ice making madie||Seawater, salt water or glycol|
|Min. salt content of water||0.25%NaCL|
|Ice water temperature||0-35|
|Cooling water inlet temperature||3m³ /h||6m³ /h||10m³ /h||18m³ /h|
|Condenser||Water cooling(air cooling condenser available)|
|Cooling water inlet temperature||25|
|Water inlet pressure||3.5bar|
|Compressor||Bitzer semi-hermetic reciprocating /piston compressor|
|Evaporator||Material: Stainless steel 316L|
|IP protecting grade||IP54(higher requirement is available|